Thursday, April 19, 2012

Positivity



When I first told Ness about this race, she was hesitant to join.  The race takes place at the end of June, which means it's going to be H-O-T. (And everyone know that hobbits don't like the heat)  Add to that, the race will be at the Fairground - one big dusty dirt pile. Heat, dust, sweat, colored corn-starch being thrown at you.  The odds just weren't in Ness's favor.

But I signed us up anyway. :)

I thought it would be fun to create a countdown chain. I got the idea from my sister, Melissa, who made one when she ran her first marathon - the Tinkerbell Run at Disneyland.  I came up with some positive affirmations for this race and other encouraging dealios and glued them inside random chain links.

The countdown chain is draped across the mantle in the living room so that it can be seen everyday. This serves as a motivator to me, to keep me in training.  Ness takes of a link each day. If there's a note inside, she reads it out loud, to remind her about the positive reasons that we're doing this, no matter how silly or trivial they might be. I hope this helps both of us stay on track for the race.

The countdown chain started with 79 days till race day. so far there have been two notes inside:
1. Laughing at everyone covered in paint
2. Something new for us to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment