Monday, July 2, 2012

Race Day!

"Before"

TODAY'S THE DAY!!

Race begins at 8:00. Our wave is at 8:45.  There are 17 people signed up for Gang Green. We've got our hula skirts.tutus, white shirts, paint, ribbons, bandannas, and sunglasses. I'm all slicked up with sunblock. Now we're off to the races...This is the ultimate reward for all of the training and hard work theses past 2-3 months.

"After"
A few hours later...

OMG This was so much fun! There were 4 Color Bomb stations throughout the race. You were blasted with either powdered or liquid paint. At the halfway point was the Water Station where my parents had volunteered. They gave us water and then pelted us with paint.

Ness and I took about an hour to complete the race, so we were right on time with our training time. Others on our time, who'd run marathons before, were waiting for us at the Finish Line. After the race, we took a group photo, bought some shirts, and then headed to the new J's Place to celebrate. I also treated myself to my first Dr. Pepper since training began.

We also decided to...dare I say it?...we're gonna do this again!  I've already signed us up for the CMR race in Fresno, and a Kaiser 5K in October!



No comments:

Post a Comment